Andrea Wasserman is a consumer sector leader with a background in both stores and e-commerce. An evangelist of the intersection of physical and digital retail, Andrea's writing at CaptainCustomer.com also spans brand and customer experience. Her weekly newsletter counts senior leaders at top retailers among its subscribers.
Much of what Andrea loved about leading businesses at Nordstrom (National Bridal Director), Sole Society (CEO), Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor (SVP/GM eCommerce), and Nine West (Head of eCom + Stores) was connecting companies with each other. She led teams in testing creative marketing partnerships, exploring corporate development relationships, adopting the latest technology, and introducing emerging fashion brands into merchandise assortments that needed them. Finding the “new” was key to driving sales and building long-term brands; Andrea brought a start-up mentality to her work leading high-growth divisions of large companies. See the "Press" tab above for some examples.
In her corporate roles, Andrea was known as the MBA who liked to work with customers in stores, climb stock room ladders, learn the latest digital marketing tactics from the most junior people on her team, and sit on the floor playing with fabric swatches with the designers.
After leaving her most recent corporate leadership position at the end of 2015, Andrea founded CAPTAIN CUSTOMER, LLC. Today, Andrea spends most of her time working with B2B companies, primarily in retail tech.
Because of her deep and broad experience in traditional retail, Andrea is uniquely able to help emerging B2B companies with their product, positioning, and partnership strategy, including:
- Feedback on tech product in development
- Framing of story for sales or fundraising meetings
- Background on what retailers need and want
- Insight into what the retail sales and implementation conversations will look like
- Content marketing exposure as she writes, tweet, and speak before significant audiences
- Word-of-mouth marketing when she networks and attend retail and tech events, often invited as a B2B social influencer
- Introductions spanning sales, business development, investors, hiring needs, agencies, and other service providers
For more information, please see LinkedIn and e-mail andrea<at>captaincustomer.com.